Friday, March 07, 2008

Tribute to a Princess

It's my wife's birthday today. There are many reasons she excels other women; I thought I'd list a few of them to raise the standard for the other women out there (are there other women out there?!):
  • Loyalty - One of her strongest qualities. How many of you men have complete confidence that your wife is honoring you when you're not around? I have this confidence.
  • Respect - She knows that as a man I need respect, and she gives it to me in spite of my failures. She thinks the world of me, and her praise and support give me courage to fight on.
  • Romance - No lack of this in our relationship, at least not from her side.
  • Trust - She knows my heart and what I would do in situations. It's fun to see where she knows me better than I know myself. I trust her completely with our checkbook. With raising our children. With entertaining company. Safety on the road. And on and on.
  • Style - In many ways my bride has brought style and quality to my life. I won't bore you with tales of my bachelor days, but suffice it to say she has transformed me into a man. And this without nagging me to death. It was accomplished through the subtle, steady influence of her life - the many "little" choices she makes enhance the jurisdictions I have given her: our home, clothing, nutrition, eyeglass frames, education of our boys, etc.
  • Fun-Loving - Makes for many good times of travel, laughing, and recreation. We enjoy doing many things together. We've been on countless canoe trips. Still need to use those kayaks on a river though...maybe this year.
  • Physical Beauty - Obvious to anyone who has seen her. She keeps herself youthful, lovely, and desirable for her husband, yet keeps herself for me by dressing like a lady. I am ravished always with her love. Not sure why I mention her beauty last - maybe to make sure you read the other points.
I am a wealthy man. Happy Birthday to my perfect wife!

Incidentally, she has three unattached sisters.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetness!She is going to love that.

March 07, 2008 9:23 AM  
Blogger HeatherErin said...

I married a wonderful man!!! There is no one else I'd rather spend my birthday with!

March 07, 2008 12:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww, you made me shed a tear. So sweet. Beautiful tribute to a beautiful lady. You are both blessed.

March 07, 2008 3:17 PM  
Blogger Brittney said...

you are such a classic brother in-law to the 3 unattached sisters.

April 03, 2008 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

November 11, 2008 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home